Spore Contest Rules
Spore™ 100 Millionth Creation Promotion
2009 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Entry. To create and share your Spore creation in the Spore 100 Millionth Creation Promotion (the "Sweepstakes"), you will need one of the following: Spore core game, Spore Creature Creator or the Spore Creature Creator Trial Edition free demo (hereinafter, "Software"). For a free download of Spore Creature Creator, visit www.spore.com (the "Site").
To enter the Sweepstakes, simply create a Spore creation using the Software, then upload and share your Spore creation using the Software's built-in Share functionality ("Share") between 3:00 p.m. (PT) March 27th, 2009 and 11:59 pm (PT) May 30th, 2009 or until the 100 millionth creation has been shared, whichever comes first (the "Sweepstakes Period"). By sharing Spore creations during the Sweepstakes Period, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Each time you share a Spore creation during the Sweepstakes Period, you consent to be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. To enter without sharing a creation, send your entry on a 3"x5" card with your first and last name, your date of birth, address and email address to:
Spore 100 Millionth Creation Promotion Entry
Electronic Arts Inc.
6121 Hollis St, Suite 6
Emeryville, CA 94608
Mail-in entries will be assigned an entry time and date when they are processed by Sponsor, and such entry time and date will be used to determine their position in the order of all entries received. You may enter as many times as you like, but only one (1) prize per person and per user account. Online entries must be entered during the Sweepstakes Period and received no later than the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes period and received no later than five (5) days following the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Each mail-in entry must be mailed and postmarked separately.
The eligible entry designated the 100 millionth will be awarded the Grand Prize. Entries will be numbered in the order they are received. If any entry numbered with a potentially winning number is not eligible to win, Sponsor will disqualify that entry and the next eligible entry in the order received will be a potential winner. If you receive notification that your entry may be a winning entry, you will be a potential winner ("Prize Notification") and Sponsor will then validate your entry. Validation will require that the potential winner provide all requested information and meet all eligibility requirements. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. All entries must be in compliance with Electronic Arts Software End User License Agreement to be eligible to win.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, or misdirected entries. Use of a false email account will disqualify an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, damaged or delayed electronic or other communications or other technical problems related to entries. The use of scripts or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the web site, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and Conditions.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is only open to residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (except residents of Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time Sweepstakes begins and who had Internet access as of March 20, 2009. Residents of Quebec are not eligible. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. ("Sponsor") and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and the immediate families of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes; Winner Selection and Notification. There is one (1) Grand prize.
One (1) Grand Prize: The eligible entrant who submitted the 100 millionth entry will receive an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Graphics Card, a standard copy of Spore, and a copy of Spore Galactic Adventures when it becomes available. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the grand prize is $280.
The number of Spore creations shared prior to the Sweepstakes Period will be included in the overall Spore creation count to determine prize eligibility for entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period, however, only entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period are eligible to win. No prizes will be awarded for Spore creations Shared prior to the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible entries in the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor will not be responsible to award any prize in excess of the number listed in the rules.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value. Computer accessories, game versions, including platform for play, to be awarded as prizes are within the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state, provincial, and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
An entrant is not a winner even if a Prize Notification is received unless and until the entrant s eligibility and the potential winning entry has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Potentially winning entries will be verified by Sponsor, whose decisions to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection and validation of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Winner may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 14 days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor's parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits. Canadian winner must also answer a skill-based question in order to claim prize. Winner will be notified by an email sent to the email address designated in the mail in entry or the entrant's EA user account at the time of entry. Potential winner may refuse prize. If winner cannot be contacted at this email address, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. Winner may be required to provide a United States or Canadian shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.
4. General Conditions. Electronic Arts Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from entrants' participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. Entrants and winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or other conditions beyond Sponsor's control, including, without limitation, insufficient volume of eligible entries, and to select winners from eligible entries received on or before the termination date Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree (i) that Sponsor may post their entries on Sponsor's website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Electronic Arts, this Sweepstakes or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants, and except if entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, has the right to use the entries along with entrant's user or screen name and hometown therewith; (ii) to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the judges, and (iii) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or email regarding this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account of record in entrant's EA user account is registered.
5. Winner list. The winner will be listed at www.spore.com during the promotion, and posted for approximately two weeks. The winner's information is also available by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope marked "Spore 100 Millionth Creation Promo Winner" to Electronic Arts, 6121 Hollis St, Suite 6, Emeryville, CA 94608 by June 2nd, 2009.
6. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
© 2009 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.