Holiday Contest 09 Rules
Spore™ Holiday Team Contest 2009
2009 Official Rules
NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Players must have Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures expansion pack software, a valid YouTube account and internet connection in order to participate.
1. Entry. You will need a team of 3 people (self included) as well as a copy of Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures expansion pack to participate in this Contest. Each team should elect one captain. The captain will be responsible for publishing the adventure on the Sporepedia™ and posting the video to YouTube. The captain will also be responsible for posting the three team member Spore personas in the YouTube video description. Teammates can be found in the Spore Forums on Spore.com. Once designated by the captain, the teammates on any particular team cannot be changed. Choose your teammates wisely. Beginning 12:00:01 a.m. on November 17, 2009 through 11:59:59 p.m. on December 15, 2009 (the "Contest Period"), log on to www.spore.com (the "Site") and follow the instructions to submit your team name and adventure video (collectively, the "entry" or "entries") via the Spore YouTube Channel to enter the Spore Holiday Team Contest 2009 (the "Contest"). Entries must be submitted in the form of a video posted on YouTube tagged with the word "SporeHolidayContest09". This video must be created entirely from a holiday themed adventure created with Spore Galactic Adventures. No other methods of entry will be accepted. You may submit multiple entries, but are only eligible to win one prize. A team consists of a captain, an artist and a collector. The captain is the team leader, publishes the adventure on his or her account and publishes the YouTube movie. The artist must create at least 5 pieces of original content for the adventure. The collector is in charge of creating one Sporecast to collect content for inclusion in the adventure. These roles set some basic guidelines, but each team member is allowed to help in other roles as long as they still meet the requirements for their role. Winning teams must attest that they completed the responsibilities of their respective roles as outlined above. Failure and/or inability to do so render teams ineligible to win.
Entrants' submitted Entries must (i) incorporate only imagery and video exported from the Software to EA's Spore YouTube channel (the "Contest Assets"). You can utilize the Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures Software) to create your Entries. Entries must pertain to the Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures Software and must be submitted to YouTube through the YouTube export tool within the Site. Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit or illegal content, and must be appropriate for all audiences, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Submission of previously published art (other than the Sponsor-provided images) is prohibited. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations (other than the Sponsor-provided images), trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the entrant's likeness, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, illegal, or otherwise not appropriate for all audiences, or that otherwise in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted for entry and will not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
By entering, entrants warrant that their entries are their own and original creations and do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party. Entries must be suitable for publication (i.e. not obscene, illegal, offensive or indecent) and must not have been submitted in other contests or been previously published. Completed entries must be sent during the Contest Period and received by 11:59 p.m. PST on December 15, 2009. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of a false email account will disqualify an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or postage due entries or other communications or other technical problems related to website entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entry containing racial or ethnic slurs, explicit language or sexual content or otherwise offensive or illegal material. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the web site, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is only open to residents of the 50 United States (except Colorado) and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and who had Internet access and access to a copy of Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures expansion pack as of November 7, 2009. This Contest is void in Colorado. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. ("Sponsor") and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies ("Sponsor and its agents") and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes. There are three (3) prizes.
Prize: Three (3) winners from the winning team will each receive one copy of Spore Hero and Spore Hero Arena videogames. The approximate retail value of each prize is $80.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Games, including platform for play/ to be awarded as prizes are within the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. Platforms/consoles are not included in prizes except as otherwise stated in these Official Rules. All taxes, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of each individual winner.
4. Winner Selection and Notification. The three winners will be the three teammates of the winning team. Winners will be determined on or about December 21, 2009, from all eligible entries as follows:
Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Contest, will rank entries and determine the winners, in its sole discretion, based on the following criteria: 40% creativity, 30% relevance to holiday theme and 30% humor. In the unlikely event of a tie, the winner will be the entrant with the highest ranking in the creativity category. Winners will be notified on or about December 22, 2009 by an email sent to the email address specified on the Contest entry. Winners may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 14 days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor's parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits. If any member of the winning team cannot be contacted at the email address associated with the persona provided, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winning team. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. Winners may be required to provide a shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.
5. General Conditions. Sponsor and its agents are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or mis-use of any prizes awarded in this Contest. Entrants and winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or mis-use of any prize awarded. Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Contest if it cannot be completed as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or other conditions beyond Sponsor's control, and to select winners from eligible entries received on or before the termination date. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants whether due to technical or human error.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree (i) that Sponsor may post their entries on Sponsor's website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Electronic Arts, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants and, except if entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, has the right to use entrant's user or screen name and hometown, likeness or photograph, as applicable] therewith; (ii) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judge, (iii) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or email regarding this Contest and (iv) irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title, and interest in the entry, including without limitation, all copyrights and a waiver of all moral rights in the entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, alter and/or otherwise modify any entry, in whole or in part, for publication or for any other purpose. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any of the entries. Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor's use or non-use of any entry. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered.
6. Winners list. A winners list will be available at www.spore.com after all winners are determined, verified and posted for approximately two weeks. A winners list is also available by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope to "Spore Holiday Team Contest 2009" 6121 Hollis St. Suite 6, Emeryville, CA 94608 for receipt by January 15, 2010.
7. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
© 2009 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners